Monday, January 11, 2016

OUGD404 - Studio Brief 01 - How Do you Read? - Brief and Reponse

After completing a number of Study tasks in this module focussing on a range of design principles essential to graphic design including colour theory, frame & format, type & grid, i have been provided with some basic knowledge of editorial and publication design skills that I must now use to create a small publication.

Brief - Design and produced a small publication explaining a key design principles to a reader. The design of the pages must be informed by the principles we have learnt in the study tasks.

As a starting point I have chosen a topic that I myself have been confused by as a young designer: Grids. Before starting on the course I had never heard of Grids before or used them in my work so I didn't fully understand them. I wanted to create a small booklet for young designers to simplify the use of grids and why they can be helpful. Some of the things that will be covered in the small publication include:

• What is a grid?
• Where can they be used?
• Who are they used by?

No comments:

Post a Comment