Monday, October 3, 2016

OUGD504 - Type in context publication - Target Audience

While I was in the Devonshire Quarter I made a tally of the ages of people that I spotted in the area to gain an insight into the demographic that my book would be aimed at and appeal towards. 

My research was conducted between 1pm and 1:30 pm on Saturday the 1st October 2016, a time and day when most people don't have work, university or school so would be free to visit the area. 

The main age groups that I found to visit were students aged 16-25 year olds and young professionals aged between 25-30 yrs. However a range of ages was prevalent throughout the investigation.  

This gave me a clear insight into who the target audience would be and who to have in mind when producing the book, making it young, bright, colourful, engaging and eye catching to the most common demographics. 



Tally Chart


Bar Chart





No comments:

Post a Comment