Monday, March 13, 2017

OUGD503 - Responsive - YCN Bear

I then began designing the front and back of my cards. The facts I went with for the cards are:

  • Inside your bellybutton are thousands of bacteria that form and ecosystem the size of an entire rainforest!
  • Human feet can produce more than a pint of sweat every day!
  • A full head of human hair is strong enough to support 12 tonnes, that's the same as two full-grown elephants!
FRONT

On the front of each card would be:
  •  A hand drawn illustration done with ink, paint, pen and pencil. It would then be digitally colourized using photoshop and merged with a range of textures to create visual and dynamic outcomes that would engage children and create a vibrant series that children would want to play with and swap. 
  • The logo 'Bonkers Bodies' with the name of the body part that card is exploring eg. 'Hair', 'Sweat' and 'Belly Buttons'. 
BACK

On the back of each card would be:
  •  A clipboard containing the 'discovery' or fact Bear has made on his Anatomy Adventure.
  • Background with a drawing of that body part eg. hair, sweat or bellybuttons. 
  • A bonus fact to accompany the one on the clipboard with matching vector image. 
  • A hand-rendered illustration matching the one on the front to tie the sides together. 
  • The Bonkers bodies logo
The hardest part of the brief was coming up with interesting content for the cards. Ideally I wanted to have a chart like the other Bear card series contained with categories such as 'difficulty level' etc. however, for body parts it was hard to come up with these top trump style categories for body parts. 

Illustrating the cards and creating their layout was also a challenge for me as I'm not an illustrator so it was hard for me to create illustrations which I was proud of which really slowed me down. 

These are the illustrations I did for the front and backs of the card. when designing the first one I played around with a few variations of style before deciding on one I liked which was a combination of the two. This is what I then did the rest of the cards like. 

Experiemtents:



Final Style: 




Border styles: 


I chose the bottom right as it was the cleanest and most uncluttered design.  

Finished Card Designs Back and front: 



Kids love talking about things that most adults would find gross which makes the cards all the more interesting to them as young learners.

No comments:

Post a Comment