Monday, February 8, 2016

OUGD404 - Studio Brief 01 - How Do You Read? - Production & Final Outcome

Production - In terms of the stock used a fairly thick matt white paper as the binding of the booklet was quite cheap and pliable I felt the stock needed to be thicker to hold the book together and make it more durable. 


For the last step in the process I printed all the pages on this paper and then went on to bind the publication together with a paper clip and a rubber band. As the paper was quite thick I had to carefully align every seperate bit of paper and hole punch them all separately

Final Outcome - This is the finished result of my book. 

After Finally printing it I asked my peers if they wanted to read it. ONLY THEN did I realise I had made multiple spelling mistakes throughout the book which are extremely visible as there are two on the front cover of the book: 'Believe' and 'Margins'. 

If I had got someone to proof read my work before printing this would have easily been avoided. 

There are a few aspect that I would change if I were to make the book again such as:
  • PROOF READ!!!
  • Move the fold on the front cover to the right a bit so it was not as close up against the text.
  • move the hole punches further into the centre of the margin on the front cover (the dept of my whole puncher prevented me from doing this) 
  • Move the 'Publication by Beth Ewens' on the back page into the centre of the page rather than following the grid pattern found on the other pages. 
  • Go over the spelling and caps lock of the headers inside the booklet
Overall it was not bad for a first attempt of making a book considering I didn't know what a grid was 9 months ago. 

I was really happy with the binding of the book and thought the overall aesthetic looked good. 






No comments:

Post a Comment