Monday, October 12, 2015

Kerning

Before the kerning lecture I wasn't aware of the different types of spacing you could have between letter forms or their 'technical' terms. Now I will be able to apply new spacing techniques to my work and have a better understanding of the methods I prefer using. From listening to the lecture I feel like I naturally have a good eye for deciphering the correct spacing between letter forms so I'm looking forward to developing my practice in this area further. 

I also didn't realise before the lecture that there wasn't a specific set of rules for kerning. Most designers rely on their eyes to visually work out the correct composition of their letter forms whereas previously I thought it was something that had to be exactly measured using a mathematical formula of some description. 






No comments:

Post a Comment