Thursday, April 7, 2016

OUGD406 - further bank note ideas

After receiving feedback from my peer group and taking on their advice I had a new set of ideas I wanted the content for my banknote to include:
  • Pop art 
  • Bright Colours
  • A modern famous figure
  • Cool Typography 
  • Potentially emojis, so it's universal 
  • A limited colour palette. 
After considering these changes I had the idea of using YouTube vlogger Casey Neistat as the figurehead for my banknote & Using motivation as the currency. 

He is one of the most motivated figures I look up to and am inspired by as he is always pushing himself to 'do more'. He uploads a vlog daily and leeds a fun-packed, work fuelled lifestyle which has enabled him to travel the globe, meet incredible people and become an inspirational figure from virtually nothing. 

This would drastically update the content of my banknote making it much more modern. 

I started by taking an image of Casey and making it into a stencil using photoshop. This will be much easier to screen-print as it is one block colour of simple shapes. 






Next I started thinking that the typography on the bank note should say. 
I feel like if this was an actual system you would have a scale of some sort associated with the quality you are gaining eg. timescale '24 Hours of Motivation' or level eg. 'Small Talent: Party Trick'.

As Casey Uploads a daily vlog I though it would be appropriate to have 24 Hours / 1 Day's worth of motivation on my bank note. 

I then wanted to work out an appropriate colour scheme for my bank note. I wanted to keep it simple enough to screen print however it had to be at least 2 colour separations. 





















No comments:

Post a Comment