Thursday, April 14, 2016

OUGD406 - Studio Brief 03 - Collaborative Practice - Wayfinding

These are the two final concepts for my wayfinding:
  •  A repeat pattern for visitors to follow to the exhibition
  • Stand up boards with exhibition information printed on
I began by designing a few repeat patterns commonly found on receipts to tie in with the theme of the group. These would be replicated on vinyl stickers to stick on to both the interior and exterior walls of the building. Vinyl stickers can be made cheaply and quickly at the college and is easy to apply and remove, perfect for a temporary exhibition.



Earlier in the day I had visited bank house to the photographs to mock my wayfinding onto. This allowed me to get a feel for the space and what would be appropriate inside. 

I mocked up what the stickers would look like once printed and mounted onto the walls of the building. The colour theme we decided on for the branding of our exhibition was black and white, like receipts tend to be. However to make the wayfinding more visible from a distance, and to attract visitors to the exhibition we decided to add a bright accent colour to the wayfinding 'paths'. 





Once I was happy with the receipt pattern 'pathways' I moved onto the signage boards. 

I wanted to keep them simple, clean and legible so only included the most relevant information. 

The typeface our group used across the project was 'OCR A Std'. I kept this part of the project monochrome for maximum readability and contrast. 

I also included the Exhibition logo which was designed by Michael in our group so everything linked together. 




No comments:

Post a Comment