Thursday, April 28, 2016

OUGD406 - Studio Brief 04 - Reflective Practice - Final Pieces

These are my final posters for the project. 

Overall I’m really happy with the way the prints turned out. Obviously as it is a handmade print process there were ones that went wrong / smudged/ used too much ink however it is these imperfections that make each print unique. 

I made sure I had a few spares of each print incase something went wrong on the next colour separation. Luckily nothing went too wrong and I ended up with 3 good final resolutions.

I had to retouch some of the black lines on each of the prints where the ink hadn’t gone through and due to my screen not being properly stripped at the beginning of the process, the blue on my calander prints went a bit patchy however everyone I asked said they liked this effect and asked how I got it as it makes the print look more textured. 

If I was to do the project again I would maybe try effects like layering the colours rather than printing out each colour as one layer onto the white paper to see what effects I could acheive. 

I would also make the skin tone on the arm bolder and more vibrant.






No comments:

Post a Comment